- Jon Heyman talked to Sammy Sosa's agent, who said that Sammy Sosa wants as close to a full time job as he can get. Sammy hit .252/.311/.468 last year, earning $1.85M. None of the 14 teams in the AL have an open DH spot, so that's almost sealed up. Japan for Sosa??
- Also from Heyman, the Mets were offering Orlando Hernendez as trade bait, so they could sign Kyle Lohse of El Duque was traded. Nothing definite yet on this subject.
- Jon Heyman is a pretty popular man today, as he has the latest on Brian Roberts to the Cubs. He says that this trade still has life but that's it. Jason Churchill of Prospect Insider wrote a few days ago, that the Orioles might want Felix Pie or Tyler Colvin instead of the Cubs' apparent offer of Ronny Cedeno, Sean Gallagher, and Kevin Hart.
- Jeff Blair of the Globe and Mail checks in again and says that there isn't any market for Blue Jays outfielder Reed Johnson. This shouldn't be much of a surprised, as Johnson was expected to be non-tendered back in who-knows-when.
- Japan is a legitimate possibility for Barry Bonds, but Bonds would rather stay in the MLB. The Rays were said to have some interest, but that was shot down.
A reminder that I've got a new email set up so send me your comments, suggestions, questions, etc. at marinerscentral"at"gmail.com