Sunday, March 9, 2008

Seattle Taking a Look at Crisp?

According to Ken Rosenthal of Fox Sports, the Mariners are unhappy with their inhouse options, and want a veteran right handed hitter. MLBTR's Matt Birt suggested that the Mariners take a look at acquiring Coco Crisp. Crisp wants out of Boston because he doesn't want to sit on the bench, and the Mariners have 2.5 outfield spots locked up, so could he platoon with Brad Wilkerson? Crisp would add some pop and speed in the number two spot, and is better defensively that Raul Ibanez, and maybe Brad Wilkerson. Now that I think of it, Crisp wouldn't be a bad player to add. I can't believe that I didn't consider him a possibility before. The next question is, what would it take? I don't want to give up Wladimir Balentien or Jeff Clement for him. I can't think of anyone else who would get Crisp over here. Maybe a couple minor leaguers or something?

No comments: