Saturday, March 8, 2008

Spring Training Watch Part 2: Jeremy Reed

I took a look at Jeremy Reed back in February, I didn't have Reed with the Mariners, but rather down at AAA, pending what happens with Brad Wilkerson and Wladimir Balentien. Now he looks like a solid contender for a Major League spot. Some Spring stats for you, as of 07/03/08:

AVG G AB R H TB 2B 3B HR RBI
.571 7 7 1 4 4 0 0 0 1

It's still too early to tell, but don't these stats look not that bad? Out of all Mariners, he has the highest BA, other than Moore, who has only had one at bat. Wladimir Balentien hasn't blown anyone away yet, and that fourth outfield spot is still up for grabs. I haven't seen Reed actually play yet, so I can't use first hand expierience, but the stats don't lie, he is ready for the big time. If he can continue like this, I would have him on the bench, without too many questions.

Only time will tell, but this guy looks like he is ready to be in the Bigs, once again. I'm watching the Mets right now, and man can they hit home runs. Glad the Mariners don't have to play them much, of at all.

No comments: